Oat Milk Recipe
This homemade oat milk recipe is 2 ingredients, and super easy to make. Enjoy fresh homemade oat milk whenever you want for lattes, smoothies, and more!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 2 cups whole rolled oats*
- 8 cups water
Optional Add-In Ideas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 whole dates
- 2-3 TBS date paste
- 2-3 TBS maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped berries
- Pinch of salt
Combine the oats and water in a blender and blend for 20-60 seconds. Depending on the power of your blender, you may need to blend for more or less time. I find that 25 seconds is the sweet-spot for my Vitamix blender. Be careful not to blend for too long, or the mixture will take on a slimey texture!
Hold a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag over a large bowl, and pour your blender contents through the strainer/bag. The liquid will catch in the bowl below. Squeeze the nut milk bag to get all of the liquid out, or use a spoon to stir in the strainer and press to get all the liquid out.
Pour into a container and refrigerate. I find using a funnel to pour my oat milk into a gass half-gallon contianer works well.
- Note: Gluten free rolled oats can be used in place of regular ones
- Note: Homemade oat milk lasts for 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy before then.
- This recipe makes a half gallon of oat milk, the same amount as if you were to buy a regular carton from the store.