Asian-style Sesame Cauliflower Wings
Healthy oil free vegan cauliflower wings! These Asian-style cauliflower wings are so filling, and goes great with a side of broccoli and steamed brown rice.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Cauliflower Wings Batter:
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1 cup flour of choice I used brown rice flour
- 1 cup plant milk of choice I used coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups of bread crumbs I used brown rice bread crumbs
- 6 tbs of maple syrup
- 4 tbs of soy sauce
- 6 tbs of water
- 3 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Chop the cauliflower heads into wing-sized florets.
In a mixing bowl whisk all the batter ingredients together minus the bread crumbs - Place the bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
Toss the cauliflower wings in the wet batter mixture. Then, one at a time roll a cauliflower wing into the breadcrumbs to coat. Then place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the wings are coated.
Bake for 22 minutes.
While baking, prepare the ingredients for the sauce by whisking everything together.
After 22 minutes, remove from the oven and drizzle the wings with the Sesame Sauce.
Bake for another 5 minutes.