Creamy Corn Chowder
A creamy corn chowder soup recipe that is healthy, oil free, and full of fresh vegetables. It can be made in one pot, perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 4 sticks of celery diced
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 4 ears of corn shucked (or 3 cans)
- 6 TBS whole wheat or all purpose flour*
- 2 cups non-dairy milk I used soy
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Scant 1 tsp salt*
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can of white beans optional
- Green onions
- Red pepper
- Lime juice
In a large pot, water sautée onion, red pepper and celery for 10 minutes or until soft.
Add diced potatoes and mix well. Then add flour and stir to coat everything. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add non-dairy milk and vegetable broth and stir. Then add in spices and stir to combine again.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
Add the corn, stir, and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the corn is soft (if using fresh).
Transfer 1/3 to 1/2 the mixture to a blender along with 1 can of white beans (optional) and blend until smooth. You may need to blend in stages, or add an extra splash of non-dairy milk to aid blending.*
Pour back into your main pot and stir well. Then add the apple cider vinegar, adjust seasonings to taste, and serve with garnish.
* Gluten Free flour can be used.
* You can use less salt if needed.
* Depending on how thick you like your soups, you can blend 1/3 of the mixture for chunkier soup, or 1/2 the mixture for smoother soup.