My attempt at smoothie bowls continues this week, with a colorful strawberry cherry bowl for your breakfast inspiration!
I think this smoothie bowl turned out just as good as my Kiwi Mango smoothie bowl from earlier this week (which was also amazing). The base is made from blended frozen bananas and fresh strawberries (Strawberry-Banana smoothies are my favorite). The toppings are fresh strawberries, cherries, pomegranate seeds, and chopped unsalted pecans.
The flavors in this bowl are a bit more mellow than the citrus fruit used in my Kiwi Mango one, but I think the strawberry cherry combination works really well. It’s still fruity, but they don’t overpower each other. Both the pomegranate seeds and pecans give a nice crunch to the bowl. I think nuts compliments fruit really well, so adding some chopped nuts on top is always a good idea!
Smoothie bowls are a nice change of pace from my normal breakfasts. I usually prefer hot breakfasts made with rolled oats, but using frozen bananas to create a “cool” breakfast bowl is a fun way to keep things exciting. Really with any smoothie bowl just pick a combination of fruit, freeze it, blend it (for a base) and then add any toppings you want over it. Very simple! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you try it, please leave a comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
Strawberry Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie Bowl Base:
- 2 chopped frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of plain unsweetened soy milk or alternative plant milk
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen cherries
- 1-2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chopped unsalted pecans
Smoothie Bowl Base:
- Chop 2 bananas and freeze them for ~4 hours ahead of time
- Add your frozen bananas, strawberries, and soy milk to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour the smoothie base into a bowl and spread evenly with a spoon
- Cut your cherries and strawberries into halves and place them in the bowl
- Sprinkle the top with pomegranate seeds (I used frozen ones that I thawed)
- Chop your pecans into tiny pieces and sprinkle on top