One of the reasons I look forward to the weekends so much is that I have the time to try new recipes! Lately I’ve been getting into healthy desserts and these 3-ingredient chocolate-chip muffins were a total hit! They are suuuper moist, fudgey, decadent, chocolatey, and exactly what I was craving.
Now that I’ve begun to explore cooking more, and embrace it as a fun hobby I’ve realized that nothing is off limits! Anything, and I mean ANYTHING can be made into a healthy guilt-free version – even chocolate-chip muffins.
I’ve test-driven these muffins with a few people now, and all of them couldn’t believe they were made with only 3 ingredients. That’s right – 3. These muffins have no added sugar, no preservatives, and no processed ingredients. They’re made from whole plant foods, making them as healthy as can be. They taste incredibly sinful, but with peanut butter and bananas making up the majority of the ingredients, you can go ahead and have 5 in one sitting without worrying too much. : )
Ready for the recipe? Check it out below and let me know what you think! Comments and feedback are welcome!
3-Ingredient Chocolate-Chip Muffins
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 6-8 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Optional: 3-4 tablespoons of dairy-free dark chocolate nibs
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake-liners
- Combine all ingredients (except cocoa nibs) in your blender and blend until smooth (it will be thick and sticky when done)
- Pour the mixture into your cupcake pan – you should fill each mold almost to the top (they won’t expand very much)
- Optional: by hand add a few cocoa nibs into each cupcake mold
- Bake for 13-14 minutes
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before eating