Did somebody say, “Sugar Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins” – ? Yes please! One of the things I crave most around this time of year is cinnamon flavored baked goods. Apple-cinnamon recipes, pumpkin-cinnamon recipes, snickerdoodles, etc. This new recipes is perfect for fall, and it is 100% healthy! It is dairy free, soy free, nut free, egg free, refined sugar free, and free of processed ingredients. I’ve been looking for a sugar free apple muffin recipe for awhile now, and I think this one is definitely my new favorite!
This recipe is a modified version from a blog called Baby Led Weaning Ideas. These muffins are really easy to make, and can be whipped together in just a few minutes. You can serve them as-is or get fancy and spread some nut butter on top of them, sprinkle some extra cinnamon, coconut flakes, whatever floats your boat! Either way, they’re delicious!
I think these are best served warm right out of the oven. They’re not too sweet, but with the apple sauce, grated apple, and banana in the recipe I think the natural sweetness they have tastes best. Depending on how “chunky” you want your apple pieces in the muffin to be, you may want to process them in your blender/food processor for a longer time. I don’t mind bigger apple chunks in the muffin, so I only pulsed the apple for a few seconds in my blender.
And that’s it! I hope you like this recipe, and give it a try to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way!
- 1.5 cups of almond or coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder (or ½ tsp of baking soda + 1 tsp of lemon juice)
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large apple
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Cut your apple into large chunks and pulse in blender/food processor for a few seconds (to get it roughly chopped/grated)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon)
- Mix in the wet ingredients (except the grated apple) one by one, careful to not overmix!
- Stir in the grated apple
- Insert muffin liners into your muffin tray holes
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean